... Where the Creative Creature Within Takes Over & Makes Wonderful Things Happen

Monday, July 25, 2011

Crochet Banana


Ok ... the good with the bad, I guess -
This little fella is going up with my "Wow, how did I manage to mess that up?" projects! LOL
Alrighty - My little boy found this pattern at Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns and wanted it so bad that I gathered all the materials right away and got to work on it for him.
It looked easy enough.
Wrong!
It started out easy enough, but by the time I got to the peeling part, it was MAN OVERBOARD!
I pulled the stitches out 3 times before I finally was able to complete it and it still didn't look right! LOL Also by the time I got to the bottom, I realized the eyes were entirely too low, even though I put them on exactly when the pattern said too :( And of course this would be the one time I secured them tight enough not to be able to remove them after applying the backs!
By the time I finished, secured the ends and looked over it, it was done, but still ... off in some way ...
I finally looked over the written instructions one more time and found where I'd gone wrong - I missed a lot of rounds!!! Several! How could I have overlooked that?!? Well I guess by the time I had pulled rounds 14 & 15 for the third time, I was a little far gone. I should have taken a little break right about then LOL Trust me to press on when I need to step back!
Oh well!
It's still kinda cute!
.... But I won't let my little boy have it! I'm too ashamed! hahaha
I'm keeping it on my computer desk next to my very first amigurumi project - just for laughs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment