... Where the Creative Creature Within Takes Over & Makes Wonderful Things Happen

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting Organized

Being the Creative Creature that I am, my work station is usually a BIG MESS!! :D
So I've decided to Get Organized!
As soon as Christmas was over, I cleared off a spot on a bookcase in the dining room for things I could stack neatly away when needed - actually I had to clear off 2 wide shelves, as my baby is quite the creative creature as well! He has as many projects going on any given day as I do!
Well just that shelf (wide as it may be) was not nearly enough, so I've had to find other places to put things away ... But keep them visible and easily accessible whenever I need to get at anything. So to help me out, Hubby & I have been buying tools to assist the organizational process - A Label Maker, A Printer (great big YAY to best husband ever!!!), a Large Binder, a 3-Prong Hole Puncher, a Plastic Container for Yarn - see-through so that I always know what I have on hand - and a lovely Tackle Box with many compartments for all of my small items. Whew! With all that, who couldn't be organized!

Last night I gathered all of my printed patterns, punched holes in them, and stored them away in my large pink binder - divided properly by the nice Tab Seprators I also purchased. WOW do I have a lot of patterns!! But it's so great to have them all in one place, right at my fingertips. And I love that I can also make any notes and markings on them if I wish. Sometimes when I'm working on a Cross-Stitch pattern (for instance), I hate to have to mark in the expensive book the patterns come in. A wonderful lady who also has a Bog - Loredana - suggested that it's much easier to scan your pattern and print it out, so that you can make as many notes on it as you like without messing up your original pattern. Thanks Hun! It's working great!
A good cleaning, a little rearranging of furniture, and few stacked hat boxes and I'm no longer working in a great MESS!
I just love being organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment