... Where the Creative Creature Within Takes Over & Makes Wonderful Things Happen

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Do Love a (Crochet) Purse!

I do love a purse! ... A purse, a tote, handbag, clutch, pretty much any kind of bag is a great thing to me! And you know how I love to crochet! So what could be better than a crochet purse?!?
I couldn't sleep last night (had a cold; went to bed at 6:00 pm; woke up at 1:00 am wide awake; got out of bed at 2:00 am and decided to get some work done) so I made this purse! YAY! It doesn't seem so bad, not-getting-any-sleep, when you can accomplish something during that time. And here's what I did: My very first Crochet Purse!! I predict more in my future. But for the time being this little cutie is currently featured on my Etsy store - just click the Etsy Button, top right corner of this Blog ;-)
I can't wait to try out different colors!!
This really came out well - although picture after picture seemed to reflect ever bit of light in the room! Blah!
A simple pattern, a lovely color and a yarn-covered button - it's as simple as can be and yet came out so well! I went with a cream-colored worsted yarn and decided to add a heather gray one to it when it came to the strap. To help incorporate the gray, I covered the button with the same material. It really brought a nice touch to the purse and complimented the cream nicely.  Hope you like it!
The Purse - in all it's glory!

The Heather Gray covered Button

No comments:

Post a Comment